Education caterers serving so much more than fantastic food
Chartwells is proud to be the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, academies, colleges and universities in the UK. For over a quarter of a century,?Chartwells?has focused on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and embrace positive dietary and lifestyle behaviours that last a lifetime. As truly passionate education and school caterers, it’s our aim for every pupil and student to have the same opportunities to develop and make a positive contribution when learning at school, college or university. It’s our mission to help them do it.
Our education caterers and food services teams are proud to serve millions of nutritious and delicious meals to students in schools, academies, colleges and universities across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. On top of catering for students, we also serve great-tasting meals to a host of educators across both the public and private sectors and provide all the support services – from facilities management to cleaning – to create safe, inspirational and exciting environments to fuel inquisitive minds. What Chartwells provides is so much more than fantastic food.
Feeding and sustaining the future generation
- We provide nutritious and delicious food for a healthy body and mind.
- We encourage the development of social skills by bringing people together through food.
- We provide outstanding educational experiences that truly engage pupils and students.
- We are committed to supporting Compass’ overall Net Zero target by innovating our food offer and teaching our clients, pupils and students how to make environmentally responsible food choices.
Creating memorable moments
- Our frontline teams are at the heart of our business, generating fantastic relationships with pupils and students and creating inspiring social environments.
- We actively listen to parents, pupils and students to develop food offers and educational experiences that align with their values.
- We continually innovate to make the consumer journey as convenient as possible.
- The safety of our consumers is paramount, demonstrated by our market-leading health and safety and allergens processes.
- We exceed our clients’ and consumers’ expectations and collaborate with pupils and students to continuously improve our offer and their experience.
- The scale of our business and supply chain ensures our clients receive the highest quality service every time.
Food for thought
Our dedicated nutritionists and chefs bring food to life through their passionate work, carefully curating menus to meet the diverse palates, dietary requirements and preferences in schools, colleges and universities nationwide.
We also run a range of engagement programmes including nutrition-focused activity clubs and workshops that encourage healthy relationships with food and positive eating habits amongst children and young people.
Championing nutrition and sustainability
At Chartwells, we believe that every dish and educational experience we create provides an opportunity to make a positive impact — not just for the health of our pupils and students, but also the health of the planet. We take our responsibilities as school caterers very seriously and pride ourselves on procuring sustainable ingredients, championing local UK suppliers, minimising food waste, and teaching our pupils and students how to make food choices that are environmentally friendly and great for their wellbeing.
More than just school and education caterers
We also provide the vital support services that are needed for education staff to perform to the best of their ability in their roles. From facilities management to kitchen cleaning services, we ensure our clients’ staff and students can work and learn in clean, safe and enjoyable environments.
Talk to our business development team
Whether you’d like to discuss how our school and education catering experiences could inspire your pupils or students, or you’re interested in partnering with our brilliant teams across the UK, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re always happy to help! For all other enquiries, please visit our other enquiries page.
Phone: 0800 917 6818